Annual Operating Fund
The Annual Operating Fund is our most important fundraising effort because it’s the foundation that supports everything we do.
Your tax-deductible gift to the UTUUC Annual Operating Fund allows us to focus on serving our congregation and the wider community. We are committed to diverse perspectives in our faith community, and with generous annual donations we are able to provide programming to support members of our community wherever they may be on life’s journey.
For more information and to make your annual fund commitment.
- Case for support
- Suggested giving levels
- Annual Operating Fund Pledge Form
- Online giving via Realm or Paypal
For more information about the Annual Operating Fund contact Elizabeth Plummer, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving offers a variety of meaningful ways to support our congregation through charitable gifts. Planned gifts can be made by anybody – young and old, working or retired. These commitments are made today but they support the future needs of Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation.
Advantages of Planned Giving
Some planned gifts provide immediate income tax advantages and possible future savings on estate taxes. Certain gifts provide income to yourself and a family member over time while supporting UTUUC in the future.
Gifts to Consider
- Retirement Plan Assets: UTUUC may accept gifts of retirement plan assets. A donor may withdraw assets from his or her retirement plan and donate such assets to the Congregation. In addition, the Congregation encourages donors to consider designating UTUUC as the beneficiary of their retirement plans.
- Gifts in Trust: UTUUC may accept gifts in trust. A donor may wish to make gifts via a revocable or living trust or via an irrevocable trust such as a Charitable Remainder Trust or a Charitable Lead Trust.
- Bequests: A donor may designate UTUUC as a beneficiary of his or her Will or Living Trust. In so doing, the donor may designate UTUUC as a beneficiary of the donor’s estate upon the donor’s death or at some future date, such as the death of a beneficiary.
- Remainder Interests in Property: UTUUC may accept a gift of a remainder interest in property, including gifts of remainder interests in a personal residence, farm or vacation property.
- Bargain Sales: UTUUC may enter into a bargain sale arrangement in instances in which the bargain sale furthers the mission and values of the Congregation. A bargain sale is a sale of property to the Congregation for an amount less than the property’s current fair market value.
Because tax benefits vary with your specific circumstances, we advise consulting with an attorney, accountant, and/or your financial advisor.
Please consider how you can support UTUUC with a planned gift that is suitable to your needs and charitable objectives.
You can obtain more information about planned gifts by contacting the Planned Giving Team at email@example.com.
The Abundance Fund was created to primarily provide support to members and friends of the Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation (“UTUUC”) who are experiencing financial difficulty. The support provided by the Fund is designed to be a short-term financial solution. Disbursements from the Fund must adhere to the guidelines. Please contact a member of the Administrative Team for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our annual auction is designed, not only to raise funds for the ministries of Unity Temple, but also to build relationships within our congregation. We welcome members and friends of UTUUC to join in the auction fun by donating an event or bidding on one. For more information on the annual auction email email@example.com.
Unity Temple Gives
We are committed to living lives of generosity – giving generously of our time and resources to advance our collective vision for the world. One way we do this is by giving away all the money we receive during our Sunday morning collections to non-profit organizations that embody our Unitarian Universalist values. In the past year we’ve contributed over $60,000 in financial support.
Each year members nominate and vote to select which organizations will receive our Sunday collections.
Read a full list of 2021 recipients.
To contribute to Unity Temple’s Sunday collection, please text 73256 with the message UTUUC $____ (dollar sign followed by your donation amount), and select “Offering”. You may also give via Realm or Paypal, or send a check, payable to Unity Temple, noting the weekly recipient on the memo line, to 875 Lake St., Oak Park, 60301, and we will send a collective check on your behalf. Thank you for your generous support!